UPSC stands for UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION. It is an institute that recruits personnel at several posts for All India Services and Central Services.
All India Services includes services likes
IAS(Indian Administrative Service)
IPS(Indian Police Service)
IFS(Indian Forest Service)
So basically UPSC is a premier central recruiting agency responsible for appointment of personnel at All India Services and Central Services, which is done through exams like IAS, IPS and IFS for ALL INDIA SERVICES.
The Personal Interview
- Excellent study material
- Weekly mock tests to evaluate performance
- Regular + Weekend classes
- Highly qualified faculties from Delhi, Chennai, Rajasthan and Orissa.
- Preparation for interview with Ex- IAS and IPS Officers
We , at LK Academy provide the best UPSC by providing utmost attention to all the students and alsoensure that we are getting the best out of you.
Minimum Age limit is 21 years as on 1st August for all categories
|Categories||Education||No. of Attempts|| Upper
Any Degree (Graduation) from 1. Any University incorporated under an act of central of state legislature of India
Any degree (graduation).
From: 1. any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India.
2. or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament.
3. or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.or possess an equivalent qualification.
|6 attempts till age 32 years||32 years|
|OBC||9 attempts till the age of 35 years||35 years|
|SC/ST||Unlimited attempts till the age of 37 years||37 years|
|Blind, Deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped||9 attempts till the age of 42 years||42 years|
|Ex-serviceman who have served at least 5 years in military||37 years|
NOTE - Age relaxations gets added in special cases, say, for example, if the person is OBC + Ex-service men, he will get an extension of 5 + 7 = 12 years, ie his upper age limit now stands at 42 years.
The Civil Services Main exam comprises of nine paper
1. PAPER‐I: (ESSAY) 250 MARKS.
2. PAPER‐2: (GENERAL STUDIES 1) 250 MARKS.
3. PAPER‐3: (GENERAL STUDIES 2) 250 MARKS.
4. PAPER‐4: (GENERAL STUDIES 3) 250 MARKS.
5. PAPER‐5: (GENERAL STUDIES 4) 250 MARKS.
6. PAPER‐6: (OPTIONAL SUBJECT PAPER 1) 250 MARKS.
7. PAPER‐7: (OPTIONAL SUBJECT PAPER 2) 250 MARKS.
QUALIFYING PAPERS – NOT COUNTED FOR FINAL RANKING:
Paper ‐ A– Indian Language – Syllabus. (One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the Languages included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution. This paper will not be compulsory for candidates hailing from the States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Sikkim.) 300 Marks.
Paper‐ B – English Language – Syllabus. 300 Marks. The main exam has 1750 marks while interview has 275 marks.
The Civil Services Preliminary exam comprises of two compulsory papers
1. General Studies Paper I - Total Marks - 200 , Duration - 2 Hours
2. Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT)- Total Marks - 200, Duration - 2 Hours
The questions will be of multiple choice and objective type. The marks in prelims will be counted for qualification for the main exam.
To ensure your qualification for the mains, one has to ensure to procure at least 33% marks in the General Studies Paper - II and the total qualifying marks will be determined by the commission. Both these exams are held on the same day.
At LK Academy we ensure every student is given attention according to their abilities of learning, cause for us everyone who has the will to do it we will make sure we support them to our optimum potential And together achieve the results.
The prelim exams are usually held in the beginning of the month June and the mains are held at the end of September.